PDH Media Gallery
Want to be part of our award winning Dynamics Dance Company?
The Dynamics Dance Company started in 1987 with just 2 dancers, Miss Michelle & Miss Corinna. Miss Lisa and Miss Allie were the next to join and since then we’ve grown to over 100 dancers and over 100 routines each season. We have placed 1st among some of the most competitive teams in the country and have been awarded several Technique, Choreography, Entertainment and Special Awards along the way. The Dynamics Dance Company is a family within our larger Premiere Dance Family. Not only do the girls get to bond over a common goal, but they make life-long memories that any of our Senior class students can tell you are hard to leave behind.
We expect that students give a full commitment to the company when selected.
Requirements if accepted:
Age 8 and under: Your dancer, if accepted, will need to take a minimum of 1 Ballet Technique class, 1 Technique class for each style of dance they are chosen for, and 1 competition workshop class for each style they are chosen for. Students may be chosen for more than you would like to commit to, and it’s your choice to pick which dances you’d like to do. (Info will follow upon receiving an acceptance letter on or around mid July).
Ages 9 and up: Your dancer, if accepted, will need to take a minimum requirement of 2 Ballet Technique classes a week, 1 Technique class for each style of dance they are chosen for, and 1 competition workshop class for each style they are chosen for. (If you are in Hip Hop and/or Tap only, you will only be required to do 1 Ballet). Students may be chosen for more than you would like to commit to and it’s your choice to pick which dances you’d like to do. (Info will follow upon receiving an acceptance letter on or around mid July).
Tap Only or Hip Hop Only Dancers! Your dancer, if accepted, at any age, will need to take a minimum of 1- 45 min Ballet, 1 Technique class for Tap, no Tech for Hip Hop and 1 competition workshop class for each style they were chosen for.
Date & Times
Criteria to Audition
- Must be 5 years old by January 1, 2020.
- Must have at least one year of dance experience to audition.
How do I register to audition?
- Current Premiere Dance Hillsborough students are asked to register on our Parent Portal using Session: Dynamics Auditions 2019.
- New students must complete a Web Registration which will create your online portal account, and then enroll in Dynamics Auditions 2019.
What can my dancer expect at the audition?
Upon arrival, Please check in at the dance desk. The Dynamics staff will provide you with an audition number and safety pins to attach to your clothing. (All black, proper dance attire is required. Hair securely back.)
- Proceed to Studio A to begin stretching on your own.
- Audition will start with a brief warm-up.
- You will need to do a Petite Allegro (to be demonstrated by our Ballet Instructor)
- Each style of dance will get a 6-8 count combination that will be taught that day.
- Some styles may require improv or free style dancing.
- Basic Technical skills will be evaluated, such as pirouettes, grand jetes’, splits and other flexibility challenges.
In house staff and outside professionals will be there to help evaluate your dancer. Their opinions and feedback will be submitted to the company director to decide placements for the upcoming season.
I want to audition for a solo, how can I do that?
- Please note if you have done a solo for 3 consecutive years you do not have to audition for a solo this year. (Outside dancers must audition) Those dancers who have done 3 consecutive years of a solo but wish to try out for a new style must then audition for that style.
- All other soloists and potential new soloists must fill out the solo form and hand it in no later than June 8th to the front desk. (Email us for the form) email@example.com
- You will need to come up with a 45 sec solo audition without the help of any PDH staff member or professional in the dance industry. You choose your own music and we will fade it for you at 45 sec the day of the audition. Ages 10 and up as of January 1, 2019 may be considered for 2 solos. 9 and under 1 solo. Please note you must have a minimum of 2 years on large or small group routine to be eligible to audition. (This excludes petites ages 5-8; they only need one year of experience on the company). High School Seniors may choose the option to self choreograph their solo if selected to do one. More info will be sent to our current high school Jr’s about our Sr. choreography program. Solo Auditions will be held from 6:45 PM-7:45 PM. You do not need to try out for a solo in order to be considered for a duo/trio.
When do I get my results?
All selections will be e-mailed to you in regards to your dancer(s) placement in mid-July.
Can I take Dynamics Company Technique Classes even if I don’t make the Company?
Yes, If you are recommended to take them by our staff you may. Space is limited, Dynamics Company Dancers would get to register first.
I missed Auditions!
No, problem. We can schedule a private audition for your dancer! Contact Miss Michelle.
No problem! That’s what we’re here for!
Contact Miss Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.